You have to register a sole proprietorship in the Central Coordinating Register for Legal Entities in order to have an organisation number.
Some sole proprietorships are also obliged to register in the Register of Business Enterprises.
Is my sole proprietorship obliged to register in the Register of Business Enterprises?
You are obliged to register your sole proprietorship in the Register of Business Enterprises if you
- are selling goods which you buy for resale
- have more than five employees,
- are going to register security in inventory, motor vehicle or any other lien where the mortgagor is a business enterprise or
- are going to operate as a state authorised auditor in your own name
Even though you are not obliged to register the sole proprietorship in the Register of Business Enterprises, you still have the opportunity to do so, if you want to. This registration will provide you with a certificate of registration. There will be a fee for registration in the Register of Business Enterprises.
What do I have to consider when choosing a name for my sole proprietorship?
The name of the sole proprietorship must include your surname, as it is registered in the National Population Register. Here you can find more information about choosing a name and what considerations to make.
What do I have to consider when describing the activity I am going to be doing?
It is important that you describe the activity you are going to do, as accurately as possible. You have to describe what you are going to produce, what is to be bought or sold, or which services are to be provided, and in what way. The description you provide is the foundation for which industrial code your company will be assigned. You can register several types of activity in one sole proprietorship.
Examples showing sufficient description:
- Agriculture: Corn-growing. Dairy farming and cattle breeding.
- Transport: Road transport. Taxi transport.
- Trade: Grocery trade. Webshop with sporting equipment.
- Building and construction: Groundwork. Plumbing. Painting.
How do I register my sole proprietorship?
To register the sole proprietorship you have to fill out the form Coordinated register notification. When you have completed the form, you have to sign it electronically.