Religious and faith communities

Last updated: 23 August 2018 .

If you wish to join in or resign from a religious or faith community, you need to contact the community in question. The same applies if you are incorrectly listed as a member. We do not register entries and withdrawals in religious and faith communities.

You may contact us to order information showing any registrations as a member of one or several religious and faith communities. You can do this by contacting us by phone and state your national identity number. The information will be sent by post to your registered address in the National Registry. We cannot provide you with this information on the phone.

We update the information once a year and do not include ongoing entries and withdrawals.

The membership lists will be checked annually and provide the basis for payment of governmental and municipal grants to the communities.