If you want to register more than one sole proprietorship, two terms must be met:
- Each of the sole proprietorships must be considered as self-employed
- The businesses must be at different geographical locations or be in different lines of business.
You must confirm that the stated information about the activity, meets the requirements for business activities. As an alternative to registering several sole proprietorships, you can choose to expand the business of your existing sole proprietorship. You must then change the information that is registered with us. You do this by submitting the Coordinated register notification.
In assessing whether a sole proprietorship operates independent commercial acitivty, emphasis is placed on
- what activity the business operates and its scope
- how much time is spent in running the business
- the amount of work devoted to it
- how large the financial turnover is
Activities that are considered to be purely one-off events or hobbies are not defined as commercial activity.
Different geographical locations
When we consider whether the business operates at different locations, the business must be physically located at different locations.