Several sole proprietorships
Last updated: 3 August 2016 .
If you are going to register more than one sole proprietorship, there are two conditions which must be fulfilled:
- Each of the sole proprietorships must be considered as self-employed
- The businesses must be at different geographical locations or be in different lines of business.
When we consider whether your sole proprietorship is regarded as self-employment, we look at
- type and scope of business activity
- how much time you spend running the business
- contributed manpower
- volume of business income
Activities that are considered to be single events or a hobby are not defined as business activities.
Different geographical locations
When we consider whether the business operates at different locations, the business must be located at different locations. It is not sufficient to state two different addresses for the business.