Several sole proprietorships
Last updated: 13 February 2018 .
If you want to register more than one sole proprietorship, two terms must be met:
- Each of the sole proprietorships must be considered as self-employed
- The businesses must be at different geographical locations or be in different lines of business.
As an alternative to registering several sole proprietorships, you can choose to expand the business of your existing sole proprietorship. You must then change the information that is registered with us. You do this by submitting the Coordinated register notification.
When we consider whether your sole proprietorship is regarded as self-employment, we look at
- type and scope of business activity
- how much time you spend running the business
- contributed manpower
- volume of business income
Activities that are considered to be single events or a hobby are not defined as business activities.
Different geographical locations
When we consider whether the business operates at different locations, the business must be located at different locations.