Register a limited company
Last updated: 23 July 2018 .
A limited company must be registered in The Register of Business Enterprises
The deadline for registration is three months from the date of the signing of the memorandum of association. To register your company you need to fill in and submit a form called coordinated register notification (Samordnet registermelding).
When you are going to register a limited company you need to submit several documents.
Documents that always have to be enclosed when you register a company are
- memorandum of association including articles of association
- declaration from the auditor, a financial institution, bank or accountant confirming that the capital has been paid up
If you have non-cash contributions(other assets than cash) – you have to enclose
- a report with information about the contribution which is signed by the founders and confirmed by an auditor
Board members, and auditor and accountant (if any), need to confirm the fact that they have taken on the assignment. This has to be done by signing the form Coordinated register notification.
In some cases the following attachments have to be enclosed
- provisions for special rights, pursuant to The Private Limited Liability Companies Act § 2-4
- an agreement regarding formation expenses pursuant to The Private Limited Liability Companies Act § 2-5
- authorization/license from the Financial Supervisory Authority of Norway, if the company works as a bank, a mortgage company, a finance company, an insurance company, a pension (insurance) company, a holding company in a financial group, a payment institution or an e-currency company.